AS9100 is the International Aviation, Space and Defence Industry Quality Management Standard. It was written by the aerospace industry in a concerted effort to improve quality and assure the integrity of supplies to the industry. The latest version 'C' now incorporates a wider brief covering Aviation, Space and Defence.
The standard is based on the tested and proven foundation of ISO9001, which it supplements with specific additional requirements necessary to address civil/military aviation and space needs. It also represents significant effort by the specific industries to produce a single standard for use across the global supply chain.
It provides specific information on:
- Aviation, Space and Defence industry expectations
- Roles and responsibilities of regulatory agencies (e.g. Federal Aviation Administration, Joint Aviation Authorities and Defence Contract Management Command etc.)
- Pre-production planning requirements including Risk Assessment
- First Article inspection
- Enhanced material traceability/accountability systems
- Subcontractor approval and control requirements
- Critical characteristics control and non-conformity reporting
- Cascading of quality requirements
- Foreign object damage
- Stamp control
- Non-conforming material, approval and control requirements
- Sampling inspection requirements and limitations
With proven experience of implementation of both AS9100 and AS9120, JWS Solutions will be among the first consultancies to take clients through the new 'C' version.
JWS provides all types of training, consulting and support assistance to companies wishing to develop systems in compliance with AS9100 and AS9120.